Charlie is an initiative of childcare, schools and supporting people and organizations in the Oud-Reeshof area.
Charlie is short for Charles Rey de Carle.
The name ‘Reeshof’ comes from ‘Rey’s Hof’, an estate with farm or castle that was located in the area. It is named after the owner Charles Rey de Carle (1731-1802), a soldier who bought the area for exploitation. In the past it was thought that Rey’s Hof was one of the three castles that can be seen in the city coat of arms of Tilburg. However, the weapon was there before the Rey’s Court.